Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Hair Discovery

I can't remember at this moment if I have mentioned what my hair texture or curl pattern is. It is very coily, like little springs all over my head. Right now I am in the middle of twisting my hair for a twist-out look later this week. I have noticed that in the middle of my head, my hair is different. The rest of my hair is very coily near the scalp and crazy near the ends. I take it this means that it's chemically altered hair that still needs to be cut off. If so, I will deal with later when my hair grows out some more, which is going well. But the very middle of my head is coily all the way through to the ends. The length is the same as the rest of my hair but in this area the natural curl is all the way to the ends. I don't understand this but I love it all the same. I have taken pictures of my hair texture and hopefully will get those up soon.

1 comment:

  1. It is a good idea to let your hair grow-out before cutting more off you may just have different textures throughout.

    I have straighter hair in the very front of my head - which was so puzzling to me and learned the hard way (cutting it constantly only to watch it grow back the same way) that it was just a straighter texture.

    The middle of my head has the tightest coils and I've learned I have to be most delicate with that section and the back is a mixture of the two.

    I thought the different textures were due to chemicals as well, but over the years I've cut my hair almost to the root and each time the textures grew back the same.

    ReplyDelete